If you’re dealing with chronic or severe pain in your neck, back, or extremities, you’ll do nearly anything to find pain relief. One of the most effective options you have is to see an orthopedic specialist. An orthopedic specialist can help you find the relief that you need through pain management plans, rehabilitation practices, and other services. To find out more about orthopedic surgeons, read on. When you’re done, make sure to contact ClinTech Center for Spine Health to see how they can help you with your back pain.
What is Orthopedics?
Orthopedics is the study of the of bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and skin. Together, these elements make up the musculoskeletal system. The musculoskeletal system allows you to move, flex, bend, work, and be active. An orthopedic specialist is trained to help keep all of these parts healthy and functional so you can live your best life now.
While orthopedic specialists are familiar with all parts and elements of the body, many specialize in one specific area. In the case of ClinTech, our staff specializes in the care of the spine and nervous system.
Why Should I See An Orthopedic Specialist?
Orthopedic specialists are trained in the overall health and wellness of your body. With over 300 bones and joints in the human body, if even just one isn’t performing as it should, you can find yourself in chronic discomfort. If you struggle to perform basic, everyday activities, like driving, bending, or walking up and down stairs, an orthopedic specialist can help. Additionally, if you have chronic pain, or pain lasting longer than 12 weeks, you likely are experiencing issues with your spine and nervous system that can be addressed by our specialists. Furthermore, if you feel that your range of motion in your extremities is limited, or tighter than it once was, it’s important to meet with an orthopedic specialist. This likely means that vital nerves are being pinched by discs in your spine, preventing you from moving the way you should.
Orthopedic specialists can help you identify the underlying cause of your struggles and discomforts. Together, you and your specialist will develop a pain management and rehabilitation plan that works for both of you.
What Do Orthopedic Specialists Do?
If you’re dealing with back or joint pain, an orthopedic specialist can help you determine where that pain is coming from, and what’s causing it. With every patient, the specialist will take the time to assess your specific case. This is done by carrying out a comprehensive battery of tests, exams, and reviews. This allows the orthopedic specialist to develop an understanding of your overall health, and which regions of the body to focus their treatment on.
After an assessment has been made and a treatment plan has been developed, an orthopedic specialist will craft a recovery plan for you. This recovery plan might include options, like:
- Spine Surgery: Some patients may require surgery to address their neck and back pain. ClinTech is fortunate to work with accomplished spine surgeon, Dr. Fernando Techy, MD.
- Regenerative Medicine: ClinTech offers patients cutting-edge treatments using growth factors and cell-based therapies to aid in their swift recoveries.
- Spinal and Joint Injections: If your injuries or pains do not respond to traditional measures, you may need injections into your spine or joints to help reduce the inflammation of nerve roots.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: If your neck, spine, and back do not respond to steroid injections, you may benefit from the use of RFA. Using radio waves, an electrical current is generated that is directed to the painful nerves and cancels out their ability to transmit pain signals.
- Bone Health-Kyphoplasty: As we age, our bones naturally deteriorate. Ensuring good bone health is an essential part of overall wellness. When there are compression fractures in the spine, Kyphoplasty can treat these fractures.
Why ClinTech Center For Spine Health
If you’re experiencing lasting pain in your neck, back, or extremities, it’s time to work with the orthopedic specialists and doctors at ClinTech Center for Spine Health. ClinTech is focused on relieving your pain and improving your quality of life. Our center works with highly qualified and respected surgical centers in Northern Colorado and uses methods and treatments that are effective and proven. With years of experience, you’ll find that the quality of care you receive at ClinTech is exemplary. Get the help you need; contact us today!